Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Relations Week 8

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to listen to a CES devotional address given by President David A Bednar.  The main thing he said multiple times was, "It is better to not shrink than survive." Often when there is a crisis in the family, we think, "I just have to get through this." How much better would life be if we identified a crisis and became determined to see it as an opportunity. If we decide to just survive a crisis, we don't learn as much and we may even harbor bitter feelings about it. If we choose to change our attitudes, we can look back and see how much we learned and how we grew. I often look back on different times of crisis in my life and I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father for the things I learned, the ways I bonded and the new people I met. 
I have been thinking about periods of crisis, but I don't know if there is a time where there is no crisis in our lives. Some trials make seem bigger than other and require us to work harder, but I feel we always have some crisis to deal with. As we talked about in class, as we identify our thoughts, test if they are true and then change false thinking, we can be happier in "not shrinking." As always, this process is not natural, it is divine. If we deal with crisis in a divine way, we can only get divine results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment