Saturday, February 23, 2013

Family Relations Week 6

I am not married. Therefore I don't know what I am talking about. Well I guess that isn't true, we all learn from observation. My point is, I don't have first hand experience, so here is what I gleaned about dealing with the challenges of early marriage. We talked a lot about challenges you may face at the beginning of marriage. Some of these are finances, coming together with preconceived ideas, living with the opposite sex and personal habits. These aren't all the problems that could arise, and they don't always come up. Anyway, too much explaining! Basically the thing that is a root to most of those problems is selfishness. And the key to solving many problems is selflessness. We want to be selfish, its all about me. But wanting what's best for the other person is what will make you free. (Rhyming.. got Dr. Suess on the brain.) When you listen to and try to understand what your spouse is going through, you will have a happier marriage. But not only that, miscommunications can be a big problem. So tell your spouse what you are feeling and wishing and wanting. All of this is not easy, its extremely difficult and against our human nature. Like Brother Williams always say, "Marriage is not natural, it is divine."
So how do you deal with your challenges in marriage? Do you think things would have been easier if you had talked about a lot of these things before marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment