Saturday, April 6, 2013

Family Relations Week 12

As we have been talking about divorce and blended families this week I have been thinking about my own family. I always consider my family nucluer family, but in fact I do have a half sister. I  believe I never think about our family as a blended one because my sister's dad died around the time I was born. He was never part of our lives and my sister was raised by my father. We never had to deal with custody battles or different parenting choices or fighting between previous spouses. From what I have learned this week creating a new and blended family can be extremely difficult. I am not grateful for someone to pass away so young, especially when they had children, but I am so grateful that somehow we avoided many challenges in our family. I hope this does not sound obnoxious at all or callous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment